Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Roaring Twenties


First of all Iam a bit confuse with the title of the movie because it's the same with the period then I watched it, it look like documentary movie. It had narrator to tell the ituation in Roaring 20's period, it help me very much to understand about the movie and I heard about the word "speakeasy" at first time I guess it 's a gossip or something about the speech but when I saw the movie I know it's a place where sell the alcohol and it's prohibit at that time but people like it and it made Eddie who was solder and he was unemployment but he can rich with alcoholic business.Then I think all American movie will have that is love story but I like the ending of this movie because it's unhappy ending. I think that in real life there has no happy ending with all story so I think this movie show the reality of social, no pretending that all people will face with happy but they have to fight with their destiny.
As I told you i like this movie the way they present and it's easy to understand and so real. It's more fun than documentory, I think it's half documentary and drama.And women in the movie look modern as we had discuss in class, they have to find a job to do because some of them lost husband or father from the war and after war unemployment is a big problem for them.This movie teach us alcohol is bad for us evennow alcohol is not prohibit as the past.



No comments: